Frequently Asked Questions
CloudEnsure is an intelligent cloud management assistant which runs audit of your cloud setup, analyses your setup against 5 pillars of AWS Well Architected Framework and also does compliance checks for various industry standards including PCI-DSS, GDPR, HIPAA, CIS, etc.
CloudEnsure is a carefully built product from the stable of Powerupcloud – a Premier Consulting Partner with AWS and a Gold Partner with Microsoft Azure with operations in 4 countries, customers in 12 countries, 200+ certified cloud engineers and architects. With all the experience of running 1000s of well architected reviews (WARs) for Powerupcloud customers’ accounts, the think tank at Powerupcloud came together to automate the otherwise manual audit process and build a tool so that the customers can have continuous cloud compliance.
CloudEnsure does the below tasks for you on your cloud setup.
- Continuously track changes in your cloud account, identify the vulnerabilities, recommend fixes under the 5 pillars of AWS Well Architected Review.
- Continuously monitor your cloud account for industry leading compliances including GDPR, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, CIS, MAS, etc.
- Track your cost on AWS and monitors the utilization metrics. Based on the data collected, CloudEnsure recommends you the potential savings on your overall cloud spend under different categories including reserved instances, cleaning unused resources, sizing down the servers, etc.
- Real-time monitoring of your cloud setup including servers, databases, storage, etc across various vital infrastructure metrics including CPU, Memory, Storage, Disk IOPS, Network I/O, etc.
- Predict the failures in your cloud setup well-in-advance by analyzing past trends and extrapolating the data for future failures. CloudEnsure’s failure prediction is powered by advanced regression machine learning algorithms.
- The crown jewel of all, CloudEnsure’s neural network powered decision making AI engine will interpret the alerts in real-time and autonomously decides upon executing a known runbook or escalates to a support engineer.
CloudEnsure has 3 plans – Essentials, Premium & Enterprise. Essentials and Premium are SaaS versions while Enterprise is a hosted version. CloudEnsure’s plans and pricing can be found in the pricing page.
CloudEnsure is available for purchase in 3 models – buy using your credit card, buy through AWS Marketplace or do direct billing with CloudEnsure partners.
CloudEnsure integrates with the AWS APIs to pull metadata about your cloud account w.r.to security, cost, operations, etc. CloudEnsure doesn’t track your application data or passwords.
CloudEnsure’s SaaS application is SSL certified and the sensitive data is encrypted in-travel and at-rest. CloudEnsure runs on AWS which follows AES 256-bit encryption. In addition to this, CloudEnsure servers are protected by TrendMicro’s Deep Security agent which handles anti-virus, anti-malware, IDS & IPS protection.
No. CloudEnsure tool is built in a linear model so that there is full transparency between customers, partners and us. Only the user with the customer’s admin details can view data as we have implemented Key Management System for all users. Anyone at CloudEnsure trying to access the data will see only the hashed values as they don’t have access to the key.
No. CloudEnsure’s SaaS models – Essentials & Premium, uses only the read-only access of your cloud account. So there is no additional cost to you. However, if you opt for the hosted model where you get the real-time monitoring, prediction and decision making engines, you can expect marginal hosting charges metered by the application.
AWS Trusted Advisor covers only 54 rules and doesn’t provide implementable recommendations like CloudEnsure does. CloudEnsure covers over 500 rules across Well Architected Review (WAR) and Compliance Checks with its intelligent assistant providing accurate and easy-to-implement fixes. With CloudEnsure, you can flag vulnerabilities and assign them to your engineers for fixing.
CloudEnsure covers more than 500 checks across Well Architected Review (WAR) and Compliance Checks with its intelligent assistant providing accurate and easy-to-implement fixes. With few more compliance standards coming up, we are estimating the number of checks to cross 750 in few months.
Yes. CloudEnsure’s pricing is not AWS account based. It is based on your AWS billing. You can run several accounts, but our pricing is flat. CloudEnsure’s plans and pricing can be found in the pricing page.
CloudEnsure has different frequencies for different audits. The Well Architected Review (WAR) audits happen every 60 minutes (this can be tuned to every 4 hours) and the delta is captured while the compliance checks and cost analytics audits are run every 24 hours.
Yes and No. CloudEnsure’s compliance check module runs audit for several industry compliances like PCI-DSS, GDPR, HIPAA, CIS, ISO 27001, MAS, etc. But these industry standard audits have several functional requirements too which are not tracked by CloudEnsure. Hence we would advice customers to use CloudEnsure as a confirming tool on your cloud compliance which normally covers 99% of your compliance needs.
We are currently building the Azure integration and we will soon launch the GCP integration too. Both of these are slated to hit GA (global availability) by mid 2019.